Research Group of Prof. Dr. Gudrun Heinrich
Dr. Xuan Chen, Jannis Lang, Dr. Vitaly Magerya, Emilio Villa, Dr. Ramon Winterhalder (HEiKA)
General research field
Precision calculations and their applications to Collider Physics.
List of publications: iNSPIRE.
- shedding light on the Higgs potential through Higgs boson pair production
- study of anomalous couplings in the Higgs sector within Effective Field Theory
- higher order corrections in the Higgs sector
- Monte Carlo programs for precision phenomenology
Heavy quarks and the Higgs boson
- higher order perturbative calculations
- hints of physics beyond the Standard Model in the top-Higgs sector
Development of novel methods for precision calculations
- automation of two-loop amplitude calculations
- calculation of multi-loop Feynman diagrams
- mathematical aspects of Feynman diagrams
A program to factorize the poles from dimensionally regulated
parameter integrals and to evaluate them numerically. It can be used for
multi-loop integrals as well as other multi-dimensional parameter integrals.
- current pySecDec collaboration:
Gudrun Heinrich (KIT), Stephen Jones (IPPP Durham), Matthias Kerner (Zurich University) , Vitaly Magerya (KIT), Andres Poldaru (LMU Munich), Johannes Schlenk (PSI Villigen), Emilio Villa (KIT)
- former members:
Sophia Borowka, Jonathon Carter, Stephan Jahn, Tom Zirke
NLO corrections to Higgs boson pair production with full top quark mass dependence, including anomalous couplings.
One-loop library of scalar and tensor integrals (written in Fortran95).
Computes the QCD contributions to event shapes and jet rates in
electron-positron annihilation at parton level to order $\alpha_s^3$.
For three-jet production and related observables, this corresponds to NNLO corrections.
Information on Bachelor and Master Theses
If you are interested in a Bachelor, Master or PhD thesis in the field of precision calculations and particle phenomenology, please contact Gudrun Heinrich via email. The thesis may involve work with programs based mainly on python and C++ (for example the program pySecDec) or python and fortran90 (for example the program GoSam). However, subjects where the focus is more on analytic calculations are also possible. The students will be part of an active and lively research group, comprising also international collaborators.
Examples for Bachelor thesis topics
Examples for Master thesis topics
- Investigation of effects from so far unknown particles/interactions in Higgs boson pair production
- Higgs+Jet production as a window to New Physics
- Study of multi-loop-integrals with top-quarks and Higgs bosons based on the program pySecDec
- Anomalous couplings of top quarks