Research Group of Prof. Dr. Gudrun Heinrich
Dr. Bakul Agarwal, Dr. Marco Bonetti, Dr. Matthias Kerner, Lucas Kunz, Jannis Lang, Dr. Vitaly Magerya, Anton Olsson, Augustin Vestner
General research field
Precision calculations and their applications to Collider Physics.
List of publications: iNSPIRE.
- shedding light on the Higgs potential through Higgs boson pair production
- study of anomalous couplings in the Higgs sector within Effective Field Theory
- higher order corrections in the Higgs sector
- Monte Carlo programs for precision phenomenology
Heavy quarks and the Higgs boson
- higher order perturbative calculations
- hints of physics beyond the Standard Model in the top-Higgs sector
Development of novel methods for precision calculations
- automation of two-loop amplitude calculations
- calculation of multi-loop Feynman diagrams
- mathematical aspects of Feynman diagrams
- application of machine learning methods to loop amplitudes
A program to factorize the poles from dimensionally regulated
parameter integrals and to evaluate them numerically. It can be used for
multi-loop integrals as well as other multi-dimensional parameter integrals.
- current pySecDec collaboration:
Gudrun Heinrich (KIT), Stephen Jones (IPPP Durham), Matthias Kerner (KIT) , Vitaly Magerya (KIT), Anton Olsson (KIT), Johannes Schlenk (Zurich)
- former members:
Sophia Borowka, Jonathon Carter, Stephan Jahn, Andres Poldaru, Emilio Villa, Tom Zirke
ggHH and ggHH_SMEFT
NLO corrections to Higgs boson pair production with full top quark mass dependence, including anomalous couplings.
One-loop library of scalar and tensor integrals (written in Fortran95).
Computes the QCD contributions to event shapes and jet rates in
electron-positron annihilation at parton level to order $\alpha_s^3$.
For three-jet production and related observables, this corresponds to NNLO corrections.
Information on Bachelor and Master Theses
If you are interested in a Bachelor, Master or PhD thesis in the field of precision calculations and particle phenomenology, please contact Gudrun Heinrich via email. The thesis may involve work with programs based mainly on python and C++ (for example the program pySecDec) or python and fortran90 (for example the program GoSam). However, subjects where the focus is more on analytic calculations are also possible. The students will be part of an active and lively research group, comprising also international collaborators.
Examples for Bachelor thesis topics
- Untersuchung der Effekte anomaler Kopplungen im Higgs- und top-quark-Sektor am LHC
- Numerische Untersuchung von Loop-Integralen basierend auf dem Programm pySecDec
- Untersuchung extremer kinematischer Bereiche (Hochenergie-Limes, kleine Massen, etc.)
- Untersuchung von Prozessen an zukünftigen Lepton-Beschleunigern
Examples for Master thesis topics
- Investigation of effects from so far unknown particles/interactions in Higgs boson pair production
- Higgs+Jet production as a window to New Physics
- Study of multi-loop-integrals with heavy quarks and Higgs bosons based on the program pySecDec
- Anomalous couplings at high and low energies
- Application of machine learning methods to loop amplitudes